Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blogging About Blogging

Good afternoon/evening/morning everyone!

Sorry I haven’t been blogging regularly as of late. I really try to blog on a regular basis, and every day that passes without a post I always give myself a horrible guilt trip for. It sort of spirals out of control until I am left staring at the computer screen with a voice in my head screaming, “You must write SOMETHING!”

But then I freeze up and I don’t know what to write, and I hope something will come to me, but nothing does, and it gets late, so I think I will write something tomorrow.

Lather rinse repeat until the guilt builds and I think I will just post: gkhdfgkjhsgkjrshgtkjgnfkjbghoitydklh,senke just to say I posted something.

But my friend Lena and I have brainstormed some topics for blogging, so never fear, I am now armed with blogging topics galore.

I think my main problem with blogging is I always want to write these long, informative posts. Which can be problematic, because most people don’t want to read long posts, and I don’t always have the time/energy to write long posts. So I think I should write something shorter, but in case you’re new to me, I am very long winded. I rarely say something in ten words that I can say in ten words, plus an interesting aside.

My other problem is I think what I have to say should be brand new and interesting. Even if I do have insights in characters and plot, I think to myself that it’s not exactly new information, so why bore my blog readers (whom I love very much and would never want to bore)?

It was pointed out to me that even if the subject itself has been done to death, it still doesn’t mean that I don’t have a different way of explaining it that could help someone else. Personally, I still read blog posts on character development and plotting, and all the staples of a writer, not because I don’t know, but because I am curious about that person’s process and take. If for no other reason, sometimes it doesn’t hurt to be reminded of the basics.

So armed with ideas and knowledge, I now feel more confident about being able to blog on a regular basis. I think I will shoot for three times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but I might be able to do more. We’ll see.

In the meantime, I wondered how in the world you guys come up with stuff to blog about. How? Do you just sit down and write? Do you always have a subject in mind? Secret blogging genie? If so, where can I get one?

3 comments:

  1. I have trouble toooo *nods* Generally it's some thought I have when I'm writing. Or, actually, a blogfest.

    I haven't found the genie yet :(

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mia! That makes me feel better, especially since you always seem to have something to blog about! ;) Also, I love your Zombie icon.
    *hugs back*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to eat a LOT of chocolate and drink a LOT of (insert a favorite drink, preferably bottled) in order to get a genie. And you're so young, the likelihood of you stumbling across one yet is low. Can happen, but unlikely. Really, you have to open yet another box, bag or bottle, and another, and another....

    I don't blog, but I would suggest a blurp about whatever creative thing you are doing, or what is holding you up from what you wish you were doing - even if it is yourself.

    In fact, this post is probably a potential blog post... if I blogged. :-)

    ReplyDelete