Saturday, February 20, 2010
An Award! For me!
We interrupt this blog series to bring you an exiting bulletin: I won an award! Yay!
Apparently Mia, over at My Literary Jam and Toast thinks my posts are interesting, so she has bestowed this illustrious award upon my shoulders.
I would like to thank Mia for giving me this award, and my parents for always being supportive of me, and my fiancée for giving me a swift kick in the rear when I need it, and—oh wait. I guess I should just tell you what ten things make me happy, right?
So, Ten Thing that Make Me Happy (in no particular order):
1. Books. This sorta goes without saying, but I felt the need to say it nonetheless (which, I have noticed, is a problem in my first draft). I really, really, really, really, really REALLY love to read. Books. All sorts. Poetry, commercial fiction, science fiction, fantasy, romance, cyberpunk…pretty much everything.
2. Music. I love music, and listen to it all of the time. Except when I am not. Again, a wide variety of music.
3. Chocolate. Dark chocolate with raspberry filling is my favorite, and I don’t like white chocolate. Yum!
4. Friends and family. Without them, you’re just a voice quacking in the void.
5. Nail Polish. I collect it like some women collect shoes. I have tons of nail polish, and my toe nails are always painted.
6. Cheesy horror movies. Nothing brightens up my day by watching an awful horror movie and laughing at it.
7. Lotion. Again, like some women collect shoes. I used to work at Bath and Body Works, so I have a ton. My favorite fragrances are Love Rocks (from Victoria Secret’s technically, but they are owned by the same company), Twilight Woods, Sensual Amber. For the summer, I switch to Coconut Lime Verbena and Mango Mandarin.
8. Receiving packages in the mail. I always feel so special when that happens, even if it’s something I ordered, and knew was coming.
9. Opening presents/packages in general. I love Christmas. I love giving presents and seeing how people liked what I bought them, and I love opening presents. It’s like a mystery waiting to be solved.
10. Candles. Okay, okay, I am very sensitive to scent. I will admit it. I love candles and have tons littered throughout the house.
I will post about setting tomorrow, so in the meantime, feel free to check out Mia’s blog.
The people I am going to give the award to are:
1. Lena: She is my rock, my savior, the light at the end of the tunnel. I don’t know what I would do without her. She has helped me so much over the time that I have known her.
2. Michael Emeritz: His insight posts cuts to the heat of what you’re really thinking, and his awesome metaphors keeps you coming back. Again, and again. If you haven’t read his blog yet, you should correct this post-haste.
(3) I would have given this award to Christi Goddard, but Mia beat me to it. So I shall have to pass the next award I receive onto her. But I thought I should at least mention her.
3. Merissa: Her blog is just getting started, but her posts are already well thought out and insightful. Plus, she makes lists for her lists, something I thought only I did.
4. Livia Blackburne: I love how she’s a scientist, and a creative writer, and somehow manages to connect the two in a seamless fashion. I just love it when the characters are intelligent.
And I haven’t really followed anyone else’s blog super closely, editing is sucking all of my free time, so I reserve the right to give this award out to one more person when I find them.
Okay, that’s a wrap. Too much time on the Internets this morning not enough murdering of my manuscript!