Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

My Top Ten Guilty Pleasures

In no particular order:

1. Pop music. I may or may not have gone through a "boy band" phase in high school. 

2. Music from the 80's. I have a deep love of "hair bands". Especially those 80's power ballads like Reo Speedwagon, Poison, Foreigner, Journey, and Whitesnake.

3. Licking the batter from the bowl. Yes, I know I am an adult now. I don't care.

4. Trashy romance novels. The ones that are really badly written. Feeling sad? Read one of those, and you're guaranteed to start laughing (for the record, I love well written romance novels, but for different reasons (wow, that sounds wrong. I meant that I like the stories in them, not the...urm...sexy parts. Although that's nice too. Okay, I am just digging myself a bigger hole here, I am going to shut up now.))

5. Anything sweet. Chocolate cake. Cookies. Chocolate. I have a huge sweet tooth. It's a good thing I am as fond of fruit and veggies as I am sugar, or I would be huge. I also don't have a huge appetite, so I usually eat a few bites and I am full, so that's also a waist saver.  


6. Scratching a mosquito bite. I know, I am weird. I can't explain it, I just love scratching the red circles until they get big. Don't judge me. 


7. Laying in bed while watching TV and eating sweet potato chips. I know. The bed is for sleeping, but if I want to stretch out I have to do it on the bed, because of the position of the couch. 


8. Having a chocolate milkshake for dinner. I don't make a habit of this, but here in Georgia it gets pretty hot. Sometimes you just don't feel like eating a meal. That's where ice cream comes in.


9. Sleeping in. I try to get up at a decent hour, so I can get some writing in before I have to go to work in the afternoon, but sometimes the lure of rolling over and going back to sleep is too strong to be resisted.

10. Working on another project while editing/writing another book. Sometimes I need a mental break away from my current work in progress. Sometimes I take a little time to indulge in whatever ideas on the back burner before getting back to work on the main project.   


Okay guys. Time to spill. Go forth and write your own guilty pleasures and then link to your posts here. It's true confession time.



2 comments:

  1. When I was a teen (and older, I admit), we used to sometimes make chocolate chip cookie dough just to eat the dough raw.

    My son was well-enough indoctrinated in the "never eat anything with raw eggs" cult that he won't like the spoon or eat the dough. I've never gotten sick from it, though. And yum!

    I think my sweet teeth (I don't just have a sweet tooth, but a full - well, almost full - set of 'em) impacts me than your teeny little sweet tooth. Just sayin.

    I still dig 70's and 80's music (and yes, 60's, too. Some of it, anyway.) That was before there were a gajillion remakes of classic great songs. What is it with all the remakes? Can't they think of anything good on their own?

    I love, love, LOVE getting enough sleep. I rarely do, as I tend to wake in the night. And have trouble getting back to sleep.

    I also really like to go for an early morning walk in the dark. I love how the night cloaks me, allowing me to walk with my thoughts and really feel like I am One with the Universe. Or Multiverse. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda: My nurse friend always looks at me like I am crazy when I eat raw batter but I can't help it! It's so good! :D

    ReplyDelete