Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Five for Friday

Every Friday I shall post five things I’d like to share. Sometimes there will be a theme, sometimes not.

Five things I would like you to know, just in case you were wondering:

1. I have recently painted my toenails “Nuclear Ruby” by Sation. I always have to have my toenails painted; they look terrible without some sort of color. In the winter I stick to dark shades of red, purple, and sometimes even blue. But in the summer, all bets are off and I search for the most obnoxious shade of hot pink or orange or green I can, since it’s the only time of the year I can get away with it, because I am PALE…white-pale. 99%-Irish-ancestry-pale. I sunburn in less than ten minutes, no exaggeration.
2. There is nothing like taking a hot shower in the morning. Something about the hot water and the steam…it’s pure heaven.
3. I have a slight obsession with various things, but most of them relate to food and body care products, like lotion and shower gel. I will go through phases where I love a certain type of food, and eat it for weeks straight. My current food obsession? Crunchy Cheetos. Man, are those things DELICIOUS!
4. I have a highly sensitive sense of smell. This relates back to the body care products thing in number three. I have a lot of lotion, shower gels, body sprays, and candles. Working part time at Bath and Body Works only reinforced this obsession. I think smell is underused in writing, and I tend to focus on it a little more than I notice most authors doing.
5. The birds, specifically around here, are really fat. I am not talking about when they puff their feathers up, either. I mean, this robins flying around here break the laws of aerodynamics. I saw one the other day that looked like a red baseball with a tiny head on the top. I shall have to carry my camera around with me, and capture evidence of this.

I hope everyone has a great Friday! Feel free to share anything about yourself you thought I would like to know (and I do want to know. People are fascinating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment