Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Traveling in Time (But Only 5 Days)

I just spent the last five days sick. Super sick. As chance would have it, my husband caught the same thing I had, so we laid on the couch watching my Criminal Minds DVDs while high on cold medicine.

As some of you may remember, I don't do well with medicine. I have no idea why, but basically anything stronger than Tylenol makes me loopy. The night time stuff makes me go right to sleep, and the day time stuff makes me groggy and spacey. We packed the kid off to the grandparents and laid around wishing we were dead.

Yesterday was the first day I felt like a human being, so I spent five hours straight cleaning the house. All the blankets got washed, all the surfaces disinfected, and all the floors scrubbed. I now feel confident that we will not reinfect ourselves with the plague.

It's always weird getting back to the world and social media after five days straight of not thinking about anything but how much phlegm your body is producing. I feel like a time traveler who's not very good at her job, as I've only jumped five days into the future.

I didn't mean to, but I know have distance on all the writing and personal stuff I'd been working. I think I am going to take advantage of this, and re-prioritize my projects. I'm also trying to not over do it and "catch up" on all the stuff I didn't do whilst coughing up a lung. Wish me luck!

How you do get back into the routine after spending a long time sick? Any disinfecting rituals you have that don't involve setting fire to everything and hoping for the best?

1 comment:

  1. I think after *any* disruption to routine, it is hard to get back in the groove. Monday, my dh took the day off. Totally threw me off the rails. Worse, I am now working on too little sleep for multiple days.

    Sometimes, just getting a running start on something, something where you can actually do some "easy" parts before getting into the meat of it.

    Today, I didn't get any work on my revision, (I am at a part that needs focus that I lack without more sleep), but I got a bit of reading for a friend done. That makes me feel productive, and for some reason, beta reading helps get me back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete