Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Birth of a Novel Returns!

Okay, so anyone who follows both Charity Bradford and I already know this, but we're bringing back Birth of a Novel. For those followers who aren't familiar with the bloghop, basically we write about writing a novel in November.

I almost didn't do it this year, because I am knee deep in a rewrite (no exaggeration--I am just past 50K in a book that will probably run me 100k). The official NaNo rules state you can't confirm your victory if you're working on a book already. Which honestly, is a little silly. I feel like you should still win if you write 50,000 new words, starting a novel or in the middle of the book not with standing. But I don't make the rules.

But, as my friend Liz pointed out, I can be a NaNo rebel, and I can still post about what it's like being in the middle of a rewrite.

AND then I was supposed to post about this on Thursday, but hey, guess what? We moved Thursday, and it took a lot longer than we thought it would. Basically, I've spent every day since unpacking and taking care of the baby (who is teething something fierce, by the way, and not sleeping through the night at all). 

So it's late, but better late than never, right?

Here's the post that Charity made up. I hope you'll join!

Charity and I are bringing back the Birth of a Novel Blog Chain! I'm so excited! We both felt that a little extra motivation might do all of us good during this busy holiday season. Some of you may be starting Nano today. Others of you might be in the middle of your WIP. Wait! What about those who are revising and editing? Everyone can play! It doesn't matter what stage you are in your writing journey, we want to know how you're doing and what we can do to help you keep moving forward.  Every Thursday post a progress report, then visit the other participants and encourage them to keep working toward their goals. Everyone is welcome to grab a button and join the blog chain by signing into the linky below. So for today, just share with us what your goals are. It can be your goal for the week, month, or rest of 2012.  

The Button  

The Link List

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you got moved safely, but so sorry that you're probably exhausted between that and the teething.

    The movers show up here tomorrow, and we got an offer on our house! :) It's a horrible offer, but they know that so I hope they accept our counter-offer. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebels Unite!

    I'm a bit of a rule breaker when it comes to random arbitrary rules (though you should see me with my significant figures when I do tables!)

    Alright, back to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity: Yay for the offer and boo! to it being horrible. I assume they are waiting for you to come back with a counter offer. :D Good luck with your move!

    Rena: Yes, rebels unite!

    I am sorry, I have no idea what significant figures or tables means. It sounds like math.

    Good luck with the word count!

    ReplyDelete